VACUUBRAND´s aluminum design diaphragm pump is a perfect match for many applications in the laboratory and operations because it is oil-free and whisper quiet, and because it requires so little service. Diaphragms have especially long lives and hermetically seal the drive space from the pumping chamber to protect mechanical parts from corrosion. The pumps achieve their distinctively high performance from high pumping chamber volume relative to the minimal dead space. Highly flexible FKM double diaphragms with fabric reinforcement ensure an extremely long diaphragm lifetime. The pumps operate absolutely oil free and do not have any sliding components in the gas path. In normal operation they are completely free of abrasion. Besides contributing to the long service intervals the lack of abrasion also eliminates most of the particulate impurities frequently generated inside of scroll or piston pumps. This makes VACUUBRAND diaphragm pumps the right choice for clean applications.
- innovative connections in the new NT models ensure very low leak rates for excellent flow rates under vacuum and long-term performance stability, even after thousands of hours of service.
- no abrasion, making it dust- and contamination-free
- long diaphragm and valve lifetimes: Made of highly flexible FKM, with fabric-reinforced double diaphragms for improved long term stability
- new patented drive support system in NT pump models provide for uniquely quiet, low-vibration operation
The VACUUBRAND diaphragm pump line includes pumps with a wide range of flow rate and ultimate vacuum. Single-stage diaphragm pumps reach as much as 70 mbar (absolute) vacuum. By connecting pump heads in series of two, three or four stages, we can create pumps with ultimate vacuum reaching 0.3 mbar on some models. Connecting the heads in parallel produces higher flow rates. VACUUBRAND pumps combine these options to create pumps with the capabilities you need for most applications.
Nomenclature for VACUUBRAND pumps is built from the following codes designating specific features or components:
M = diaphragm (membrane) pump
E, Z, D, V = number of pump stages from single (E) to four (V) stage design
NT = labels the series of pumps comprising the New Technology
VARIO® = speed controlled pump with vacuum controller CVC 3000
The pumping speed of all pumps is measured according to ISO 21360
Many vacuum applications in laboratories and industrial operations require electronic vacuum control. VACUUBRAND´s unique VARIO® control system offers the distinctive advantages and convenience of the CVC 3000 vacuum controller
- precision vacuum regulation by modifying the diaphragm pump speed to the needs of the application
- unsurpassed diaphragm and valve lifetime by reducing the total number of diaphragm strokes
- exceptionally quiet, with very low vibration and measurably lower energy consumption
- VARIO® pumps include patented TURBO·MODE with automatic speed adjustment that provides even better backing when used as a fore-pump for turbomolecular drag pumps (capable of working with backing pressure in the mbar range). The result is a cooler running turbo pump with better residual gas properties